All About Mr. Hibdon

Reyna Biedermann

Lukas Hibdon, an esteemed educator, imparts knowledge to the English honors students at Ripon High School. With three years of teaching experience, he has been associated with Ripon High for two years. 

Reflecting on his role, Hibdon shares, “Teaching at this institution has been a fulfilling experience. I take immense pleasure in imparting knowledge to my students, particularly the ones in the honors program. It’s a privilege to have this opportunity.”

Hibdon pursued his higher education at MJC for three years, followed by UC Santa Barbara for the remaining two years of his college. He earned his degree in Cultural Anthropology with a minor in education. He furthered his education by completing his credential program at Stanislaus State.

Hibdon candidly admits that he was uncertain about his career path in the past.

Hibdon shared, “Initially, I had no clear career path in mind, and teaching was not always on my radar. However, during my college years, I discovered my passion for cultural anthropology, which led me to pursue a degree in the subject. Sadly, the cost of attending college for this degree was quite high. It was only when I began substitute teaching that I realized my true calling for educating others.”

Through his experience as a substitute teacher, Hibdon discovered a profound passion for engaging with students and facilitating their learning. This passion is evident in his English Honors course, which is the sole subject he teaches. 

“I aspire to create an atmosphere in my classroom where students feel at ease, secure, and valued. Assisting them in their writing endeavors by dismantling obstacles is a gratifying experience for me.”

Hibdon is renowned on campus for his diverse and exceptional taste in music. He harbors a passion for numerous artists from various decades, and when asked about his favorite song, Hibdon had to contemplate before finally settling on “Someone Great” by LCD Soundsystem. Additionally, Hibdon revealed that if he had the opportunity, he would relish being a radio DJ. During his college years, he used to frequent the Santa Barbara radio station with a friend and borrow CDs.

Lukas Hibdon is an extraordinary teacher who encourages his students to stay true to themselves and remain receptive to learning. 

In his own words, “Despite my sometimes prickly demeanor, my ultimate goal is to make every student at Ripon High feel welcomed through my interactions.” Hibdon’s remarkable qualities make him an exceptional and impactful educator at Ripon High School.