Inside Ms. Castle’s Classroom

Ripon High welcomed a new artistic staff member to the school and so far it’s been nothing but a success. 

Sydney Castle, the new Art I teacher, was hired during her time at Stanislaus State about one year ago, and this happens to be her first ever teaching job. When Ms. Castle isn’t teaching her Art I students in the afternoon, she’s with her third graders. 

She constructs her lesson plans by collaborating with fellow art teacher, Mr. Bowers, and together they have been able to fabricate wonderful assignments for their students. Ms. Castle says her favorite project that her class has done so far is the grid drawing, also known as the black and white enlargement, which she ultimately saw great results from. 

Every teacher is different and chooses to present themselves a certain way, but Castle thinks that it’s important for every teacher to be understanding. 

She says, “You guys go through a lot as high schoolers and I think there are times where teachers forget what it’s like to be your age.” Ms. Castle goes on to describe that it’s important to be able to put yourself in your students’ shoes. 

Outside of work, Ms. Castle lives up to the title of her job and participates in her own forms of art where she makes crafts for her very own Etsy shop. 

Make sure to say hi to Ms. Castle when stopping by the MUB in the morning!