The Final Shot

Girls Basketball Senior Night

Ripon’s Highs Girls Varsity Basketball players had their Senior Night on Friday, January 2nd. Their season has been a crazy ride for them, going 8-17. Before the game, the 4 seniors walked down the court with their families, while the underclassmen shared a speech about them.

“Getting walked down by my entire family was a very special memory of senior night that I will cherish forever,” stated senior, Vanessah Ponce. 

Each senior got handed a senior basket that had been crafted with love by their teammates. During the game, the girls put up a vicious fight against Hughson High, but did not come close enough, with an ending score of 33-50. After all athletes on the team played to their best ability, the seniors gathered around the gym and met up with their friends and family to take some of their last pictures as a Ripon High basketball player. Although, the Ripon High Girls basketball team hasn’t had the best record this year, they still have enjoyed their last time together as senior athletes at Ripon High. 

“I was sad on Senior Night knowing I wouldn’t be able to play basketball anymore with my friends, but I’m thankful for everyone who made basketball be as fun as it was throughout High School,” stated senior, Kailee Inderbitzen. As the Varsity Ripon Highs Basketball teams season wraps up for our seniors, go support them for their last game on Thursday, February 8.