A World of Agriculture

PC: Celeste Morino

Ripon High’s FFA works hard to provide FFA members with fun activities and field trips in which they can participate. Last Tuesday, Feb. 13, FFA members went on a field trip to the World Ag Expo in Tulare, California. Students arrived at RHS at 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday and returned at 6:00 p.m. They took two buses and the bus ride was around 3 hours. Teachers Celeste Morino and Bulmaro Bribiesca and student teacher Hailie Dorsey accompanied the students on the trip.

Upon arrival, a World Ag Expo worker came into each bus and spoke about safety and rules of the Expo and then the students were able to walk around the event. There were hundreds of different booths from different agriculture related companies. Some booths had fun games in which students were able to go on scavenger hunts and spin wheels to get prizes. Prizes varied from hats, flashlights, water bottles, sunglasses, and much more. At one of the booths, students were even able to plant and take home a sunflower!

When lunch time came, there were plenty of food vendors that students could go to. Vendors had foods like tri-tip sandwiches, hot dogs, frito bowls, tri-tip burritos, and much more. Food vendors were quite busy as many students and non-students from all over the world were in attendance at this exciting event. If students were looking for a sweet treat, there was even an ice cream booth.

At 3:00 p.m., the Ripon FFA gathered at the entrance for the bus ride home.

Junior, Forrest Fauchier stated when asked what he learned, “There was a lot of the same stuff we learn here, but a lot more in depth and getting to actually see what these companies do…it showed a lot of different aspects of agriculture.”