Seniors Last Shot

As the girls’ basketball season comes to a close, the seniors have played their final game. One memorable event for these seniors was Senior Night, a game that commemorated the end of their last season. While this moment was undoubtedly bittersweet for the seniors, who were nearing their final days at Ripon High School, it was a special occasion nonetheless. Among the senior players was Faith Yuen, who has been playing basketball for 9 years and had a wild season. Despite tearing her ACL twice, once during her sophomore year and again early in her senior season, she persevered through it all.
Yuen says, “It’s pretty upsetting that I cannot play my last year with the teammates I’ve been playing with since freshman year.” Yuen was unable to play for most of her senior year, but on senior night, she was allowed to score the first basket of the game. The ball was passed to her and she made a layup, earning the first point of the game.
Yuen says, “It felt very good to be back on the court and being with my teammates again, although I thought I was going to miss.” In spite of not having the best record, the Girl’s Basketball team had a successful season due to the strong relationships built and enjoyable experiences shared.