Preparing to Putt One Last Time

Preparing to Putt One Last Time

The boys golf season has officially teed off! The team did amazing last year, and they’re more than confident that they can do even better this year.

Christopher Musseman is the head coach, and the varsity players are seniors Ty Herrin, Marcus Atienza, Jeremy Little, Will Peters, junior Vincent Uecker, sophomore Richie Hughes, and freshman Sam Stewart. For practice, they go to Jack Tone, and on Wednesdays, they practice at the Spring Creek Country Club.

The few seniors on the team this season are sentimental about it being their last year.

Atienza says, “It [will be] nice to be out of high school golf, but then, it’s also sad that I won’t have the bond with my teammates and coach.”

In addition, Herrin also states, “It’s my last year of golf with a bunch of my friends and I like to take it into consideration that I [need to] enjoy it as much as I can.”

However, the team is collectively excited to participate in this season, and the seniors are ready to end their high school golf career with a bang in hopes of winning Sections.

“I think we have some good players,” Peters mentions. “I’m excited to see [the] growth between everyone. I think we’ll do well, and we have some people who should do well in Masters individually.”

We’re looking forward to seeing how their season will turn out. Let’s all wish them the best of luck!