RHS Track Team Leaves Riverbank in Their Dust

After one full year, spring sports have returned to RHS. On Wednesday, March 20, the RHS track team went to Riverbank high in hopes of taking home the first win of the new league year. The team would be successful in their goal, as both the girls and boys varsity would come out with the win over Riverbank.

The dual meet began with field events taking place. The RHS team played amazingly with both boys and girls field runners winning almost all of their events. The team also had multiple players finish with new P.Rs (Personal Record) as shown by junior Shayla Mckeon who had a 65 ‘6 meter throw in discus, and senior Xzavier Clark who had a 19’ 0 feet jump in long jumps. Meanwhile, the RHS runners would have a field day against Riverbank, as they would have multiple sprinters and distance runners finish in first. The boys and girls distance runners were led by seniors Devin Fitzpatrick and Madelyn Reedy, as both were able to bring home the win in the 800 meter run. Meanwhile, the RHS sprinters had multiple players achieve new P.R’s in multiple events. This included senior Jenna Skavdahl who ran a 27.44 second 200 meter run, and junior Brett Shaw who posted a 54.20 second 400 meter run.

Skavdahl stated, “The team did really well today, there were a lot of new P.R’s and a lot of seasonal records which I think is really good. I am really proud of us and how much we contributed to this as a team.”

Ripon High has seen good track teams in the past, however with the way the team performed against Riverbank they may be destined for things greater than any other track team coming from Ripon.