The Horrors of Kids TV

The Horrors of Kids TV

Have you ever been curious about what it’s like behind the scenes of kids’ TV? Well, the new documentary series that was released on the streaming service HBO Max, called “Quiet on Set,” shows all of the fun and positivity that went on at the industry, Nickelodeon, in the 1990s and 2000s and what happens when they produced popular shows like “The Amanda Show” and “All That.” However, the first episode quickly takes a dark turn. 

The purpose of “Quiet on Set” is to reveal the dark side behind kids’ TV. This docuseries includes a few investigators, past staff members of Nickelodeon, and multiple famous actors from some popular shows. All of their contribution to revealing what was behind the scenes made the kid-friendly company all the more disturbing. Famous actor Drake Bell was one of the few actors included in the interviews. He explained what he suffered from at the hands of an adult staff member, and it’s clear that it has left a tremendous impact on not only his life, but his parents’ lives too.

Watching this series has ruined some beloved shows for many viewers, but it has revealed what Nickelodeon has been trying so hard to hide from their fans and the public in general. It’s still important to viewers who didn’t watch Nickelodeon and it’s heartbreaking for everyone collectively to learn about this.