The Final Prediction

Since late March, Mrs.Vasche has been trying to show everyone her skills at basketball. For many, they either underestimated her or thought too highly of her skills. However, this was not the case for Juniors Shayla Mckeon and Jordyn Meeuwse as both were able to make it to the final round of the tournament. Since only one person could win, Meeuwse would come out with the win. 

Vasche took up the challenge to shoot 6 rounds of free throw shots. 64 students predicted how much they believed Vasche would make and compared their prediction with another student. Whichever student came closer to the right answer moved on in the tournament. After five rounds, Mckeon and Meeuwse would be the only two remaining. On April 8, Mrs.Vasche had scored a high of ten free throw points. This would be a huge dilemma however, as both Mckeon and Meeuwse predicted that Vasche would make 10 shots. In order to settle this tie, Mckeon and Meeuwse predicted how many free throws Vasche made in all six rounds. The total came out to 46 points, and Meeuwse came out as the winner with her prediction of 70, which was closer than Mckeon’s answer of 83.

Despite having to settle the match with a tiebreaker, Meeuwse was not worried about her final prediction. However, the RHS March Madness Champion was originally not going to participate in the tournament.

“Initially, I wasn’t going to join but [Mrs. Pendleton] asked me to, to fill up the roster so I did. I didn’t really think I would make it this far in the game,” Meeuwse stated. 

Throughout the entire tournament there were many surprises and upsets, but in the end only one could remain. That one would be the 2024 RHS March Madness Champion, Jordyn Meeuwse.