Student’s of April: Emily Valles and John Yeung

Sophomores, Emilie Valles and John Yeung have been elected as Student of the Month. Both are student-athletes who manage their high school careers and a school sport. Emilie’s favorite class is biology, and she plays tennis for Ripon High’s JV team. She is motivated to do good in school by her parents’ encouragement. Her way of managing time is getting as much work done at school to create time for her after-school activities. Her favorite thing to do outside of school is go to the park with her family. 

John Yeung is also a student-athlete who is on the tennis team at Ripon High as well. As a student-athlete, he tries to limit distractions when doing his work, and get it done as soon as possible. John’s favorite subject is biology, and he motivates himself by thinking about his future and possible colleges he could get into when the time comes. John’s favorite activity outside of school is playing instruments like the piano. Both students have a well-deserved honor at Ripon High School, so if you see Emilie Valles or John Yeung in the halls, give them congratulations!