Welcome Back the Book Club

Welcome Back the Book Club

Book Club is back at RHS! Only a month ago, the Book Club, which had been gone for a few years, was brought back by the wonderful Mrs. Ross. So far, the club has been small and tight knit with only around 12 members. Despite this, the club has been off to a great start.

Over spring break, the club read their very first book: Promise Boys. Centered on a murder at a school and its three suspects, this book is told from several points of views and is filled with suspense. After reading it, the club got together after break and had a potluck, where they got to discuss the book and bond over reading. For their next read, the club is keeping with the theme of suspense by reading Shutter Island.

“We wanted to go with a book that was a little bit more complex but we still wanted that kind of psychological thriller aspect,” says Mrs. Ross. Unfortunately, the club has faced an issue with Shutter Island. Since the end of the year is almost here, the library is unable to take more book orders, meaning that the club has had to raise money for Shutter Island themselves. To do so, they are selling $1 waters in the counseling office and would greatly appreciate all the support they can be given. 

For those who might be interested, you can find Book Club at Club Rush in August, where they’re excited to welcome new members, including the incoming freshmen. Beyond that, the future of the club is kind of a mystery. 

“We don’t really know where it’s going to go,” says Mrs. Ross, “but so far we’re really enjoying it.”