Ripon High’s Foodie Feud

Screenshot
Screenshot

Ripon High School offers an array of food resources for its students, ranging from off-campus options to school-provided lunch and breakfast. Despite the availability of downtown food options, many students prefer to remain on campus and partake in the school lunch. Furthermore, the school also offers breakfast for its students during the morning break.

When asked about their food preferences at school, Freshman Aiyana Danae Pamplona enthusiastically shared, “I absolutely love the breakfast sandwiches they serve once a week, especially when paired with their delicious hash browns.” 

Similarly, Senior Owen Wilber and Freshman Jorie Eskes both expressed their fondness for the breakfast options over lunch. 

Eskes added, “I particularly enjoy the chocolate muffin, which makes for a great snack before my next class.”

Some of the students at Ripon High don’t necessarily consider breakfast to be their favorite meal. For example, Junior Tori Rich believes that lunch offers more options and variety. 

Rich exclaims, “A lot of the breakfast items are also available at lunch.”

Rich adds that her personal favorite lunch item is the salad, which she sees as a healthy and delicious choice. Freshman Anandjap Dhami shares this sentiment, preferring lunch over breakfast.

“As a vegetarian, I appreciate that they offer a really great salad that I can enjoy,” Dhami says.

Lastly when asked how Ripon High can improve their food Rich states, “I think Ripon can have more healthier choices for breakfast and lunch and an overall bigger variety and quality assortment of food.”

At Ripon High, the student body is fortunate to have access to a variety of resources to ensure that they are well-fed throughout the day. The provision of breakfast and lunch is highly appreciated by the students, who value both meals equally. These resources are considered a valuable gift by the students and play an important role in supporting their overall well-being and academic success.