Tennis Takes a Tumble

After a hard fought battle, the RHS Varsity Tennis team fell short with a final score of 4-5 in their match against Escalon. Several close matches had the fellow players on the edge of their seats.

Freshman girls singles player, Lily Meyer, ready to play her heart out, was disappointed when her opponent forfeited the match. “I was totally gonna beat her this time. I felt really good,” states Meyer.

Boys doubles number one went into a third set after an intense first two sets. Senior Gideon Waters and sophomore Tate Douglas played hard until the very end, but Escalon came out with the win. Douglas states, “Honestly it was kinda fun. We got the first set on them which was fun because they said they’ve never lost before.”

Despite the loss, the varsity team qualified for individual and team playoffs coming up. They have no intentions of losing this time!

“I try to have a confident and calm mindset so that way I’m playing aggressively, while still maintaining a level head,” says Waters. “I’m proud of the success I’ve had and I’ll be taking a lot of really fun memories with me.”