Varsity Boys’ Volleyball Rivalry Against Livingston Recap

Ripon High Boys Volleyball team faced Livingston for the second time, five days after they first played them on Mar. 23, 2024, and changed history. Their hard work paid off, for this was the first win Ripon has ever had against Livingston.

Before this, Ripon High had their first encounter with Livingston at the Stockton Classic varsity tournament, Livingston swept the boys in two sets. It seemed the boys gave up in the second, because they were close in the first set (25-23). When the boys barely lost the first set, they again lost the second with a final score of 25-10. The boys were devastated from the game, but they knew they could beat them in another match.

Jesus Ochoa

On Mar 23, 2024, RHS had their rematch, fought with everything they had, and they came out triumphant and played five close sets. Alex Alvarellos ended the game with a tip, unable to be recovered by Livingston. The second match they played against Livingston was the closest and most climactic game the boys have played this season. 

Player of the match, Anthony Gomez had assisted 40 kills, had 2 kills of his own, 5 aces, and 5 digs. With stats like these and being first place for TVL, the boys chances of making the playoffs are almost guaranteed, but will they be able to keep it up in their final match against Livingston? Player of the match, senior Anthony Gomez, agrees, “We don’t have a good history [winning against them], and I know they’re going to be the hardest competitors in the TVL.”

On Apr 23, 2024, Ripon High and Livingston will face off for the last time. Although Livingston has less losses than RHS, the boys have beaten them before, and they can do it again. The Ripon High boys varsity volleyball team hopes to see you there.