Ripon High Says Goodbye to Mr. Flanders

As the school year comes to an end, the students along with the rest of the staff here at RHS say their goodbyes to a beloved teacher here on campus. Mr. Flanders has touched the hearts and minds of those around him with his wisdom and kind soul. 

This will be his eleventh year teaching math at Ripon High. While his first professional job he taught 7th and 8th grade at Ustach Middle School teaching science. 

He is married to his wife Maureen, and they have two children, Ian and Madison Flanders, both in their early 20s. 

Some of his hobbies include cycling, gardening, hiking, fishing, and camping.

In fact a week after his retirement, him and his son will be participating in a charity fundraiser for AIDS/LifeCycle. They will be riding their bikes from San Francisco to Los Angeles. 

One thing that he will miss most about RHS is the faculty, and the rest of his peers. He enjoys engaging with his coworkers in the staff lounge, while sharing laughs and creating unforgettable memories with those around him.

Beyond his love for math and science, Mr Flanders is seen as not only a mentor but a friend here on campus. He brings a warm and approachable spirit to our school, while also creating an environment for his students where everyone feels loved and valued. 

As Mr. Flanders commences the next chapter in his life, it is important we all wish him a well deserved retirement. 

And as his final goodbye, Mr. Flanders has some words of wisdom he would like to share with his students,

“Always maintain your integrity, work hard, do your best, and always pursue your passions, goals, and your dreams.” 

So let’s take a moment to reflect on his engaging lessons and uplifting personality, and thank him for all he has done for our students and faculty.

Thank you Mr. Flanders, for being our teacher, mentor, and friend!