On the Hunt for Codes

Photo credits: riponhighsuperfan instagram

Ready, set, scan! RHS continues the annual QR code search. The search started on April 16 and ended on the 17th. Days later winners were announced. 

The school QR code search was started 3 years ago by our very own Ann Pendleton and Rod Wright as a way for people to get involved. They wanted something that would involve the Superfan app too, with this search everyone is able to participate from students to staff. 

The only rules that were put in place were staff had to be willing to provide a prize and the QR codes had to be hidden outside of classrooms and easily accessible. This had to be done before 8:30AM on April 16 because students were able to start scanning as soon as the bell rang. Participants had to search and scan in between passing periods, breaks or lunch.

“I think it’s fun because it’s something the students don’t necessarily have to do during school,” Pendleton states. “It’s fun to do with friends and it’s fun for the staff, it’s something everyone can do.”

Many students were seen looking up and down everywhere. Some were looking under trash cans, on top of the doors and scanning everywhere. Some were hidden in plain sight and some were very tricky to find. Loraina Garcia, school nurse, really thought about where to hide her code. No one was able to successfully find her code. Staff members got creative and made participants put in the work.

The winners were then announced on Sat. April 20. There were a total of 27 winners. These were chosen at random by the Superfan app. Prizes are then given to winning participants by the staff, be sure to participate next year. 

“ I hope for more participation next year, there will be a new app, but it’s so much fun!” Pendleton expresses. 

Remember, if you don’t scan, you can’t win!