A Magical Night at Disneyland

Class of 2024 Has a Night to Remember at Gradnite!

The Class of 2024’s GradNite trip to Disneyland was on Friday, May 10. For the trip seniors have to be at Ripon High in the gym at 3:00 AM that Friday to get themselves and their bags checked in. After getting checked in and getting some provided snacks, the seniors got on the bus around 4:00 AM to start their trip to Anaheim. Following a six and a half hour bus trip, they arrived a little before 11:00 AM. After taking the back entrance and getting checked in, the seniors took a tram to go into the park. From that time until 2:00 AM the next day, seniors had free reign, while following the rules of course, with what they decided to do with their day. 

For senior, Natalie Beccera, she started her day of fun going on rides with her best friends.

“My favorite ride was probably Guardians of the Galaxy because it was so much fun and super funny with my friends,” Beccera states.

For GradNite the class gets park hoppers which means they can go to both Disneyland and California Adventure throughout the day. After ten hours of fun, seniors are asked to head over to California Adventure for GradNite to officially begin. At 9:00 PM California Adventure closes down to the public so that the seniors can get the park all to themselves. They bring out several DJs around the park for additional fun and seniors continue to enjoy their night until it is time to get back on the bus around 2:00 AM. Once the time rolled around, seniors made their way back to the bus, checked everyone in, and began their journey back to Ripon High around 3:00 AM. Seniors got back to the school a little before 10:00 AM and then went home so that most of them could take a nap. 

“My favorite thing about GradNite was having a park for the seniors only because it made the lines quicker and it was a lot of fun being with all the other graduating seniors for the night. Just being with my friends made the trip super memorable for me,” Beccera answered after being asked about her night.

Overall, Ripon High is glad to say the Class of 2024 had a blast and a night they will never forget at their well deserved GradNite. Congratulations seniors!