Top Ten Action Movies of All Time

1. The Matrix (1999) This movie uses its amazing special effects to tell a great story about a group of people fighting their way out of the virtual reality they are stuck in.

1.  Gladiator (2000)  The epic Roman timepiece captures the brutality of gladiator fights and the epic rise from bottom to top.

1. The Dark Knight (2008)  This movie started the trend of making superhero movies again with its great cast of Christian Bale as Batman and Heath Ledger portraying the Joker.

1. Predator (1987)   This epic tale of Americans vs. aliens has gory and brutal action that will leave you wanting more.

1. Braveheart (1995)  One of the best war movies of all time. Mel Gibson fights for glory and the multiple fight scenes will keep your eyes glued to the screen.   

1. The Bourne Identity (2002)  Groundbreaking action sequences and an added suspense of not knowing Bourne’s true identity make this action film into a worthy contender for the best of all time.

1. Terminator (1984) This movie along with it’s action and catchphrases like “I’ll be back” paved the way for good female roles as action stars.      

1. Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) Mad Max makes a strong comeback with its action packed sequences containing amazing practical effects.

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)  Everyone’s favorite archeologist goes on adventures throughout the world in a stunning action movie that keeps your eyes glued to the screen.

1. Die Hard  (1988) This movie deserves the number one spot as it has all you need for a great action movie.  A good villain (Hans Gruber) and a loveable everyday hero (John McClane) get thrown into the mix, and most importantly, the movie features awesome action-packed sequences that have the audience on the edge of their seats.