A Bootiful Night for a Boo Bash

Andrew Goodspeed

A new addition to Ripon High School is the Halloween Bash Dance, which will be replacing the Homecoming dance. Students and teachers are preparing well for the first year of the Halloween Bash Dance at RHS.

Due to dwindling attendance of the Homecoming Dance, the Homecoming Dance was canceled this year.  It is being replaced by the Halloween Bash Dance.  Because of the enthusiasm by the student body, the student turnout is expected to be at an all-time high.  

The freshman class and the freshman class adviser Mr. Perez are in charge of the dance.  They will be decorating the gym and providing the Halloween treats. Mrs. Mortenson, the teacher of the leadership class, is trying to make the dance entertaining.

Mortensen stated, “I need to find the perfect DJ.”  

The playlist will include all your favorite Halloween songs.

Mortensen will be assisting to help make sure everyone has a great time.  Perez and Mortensen both emphasized that the main point of the dance is to have fun.

Students are encouraged to dress in their favorite costumes, but must follow all of the usual dress codes with one addition, no masks.

“High School is what you make of it, so if you make it fun, it is gonna be fun,” said ASB President and senior Kayla Jacklich.

Start getting your costume together and come to the Halloween Bash Dance.

“Have a great time and enjoy the dance!” stated Mr. Ramirez.

Andrew Goodspeed, Journalist

Andrew Goodspeed is a sophomore at Ripon High School. This is his first year in the journalism class. Andrew is looking forward to going to college. His...