A Spooky Spectacular Night at RHS!

On the night of October 17, 2021, Ripon High had its second dance of the 2021 school year. The halloween dance was put together by the freshman class and has only ever happened two times before at RHS. Students came ready to dance, in costumes and in halloween attire. It was definitely a night to remember! 

“This was only the third Halloween Dance we’ve ever had, so it’s a bit less popular than say the BTS Dance. I think there’s a lot of bad stigma that the Halloween Dance is boring or that nobody goes! While it’s true that less people go to it rather than other dances, I think it’s important to just make it fun by having a good time with your friends!” said Claire Morris, freshman class representative.

The dance was held outdoors in the tennis courts, which was really nice because it didn’t get hot or muggy as indoor dances do. The leadership students put a lot of work into the decoration and planning of the event, and it looked amazing! There were cobwebs, a fog machine, and even mummy tape wrapped around the fences, that really put everything over the top. This was the class of 2025’s first event to plan, and it seemed to all go really well. 

“I’d say the dance was a success. We made a large profit for other activities that we were planning. Also, everyone seemed to have a fun time.” said Gia Grewal, freshman representative.

At the beginning of the night, it was a little slow, but as it got later into the night the students seemed to have more fun. The DJ was okay, but as the more popular songs were played, the energy of the crowds went up tremendously. 

“At first the music was a little rocky, not really feeling the vibe with and it was better at the end.” said Shayla Mckeon, freshman. 

The costumes at the dance varied from cute to creepy, and it was really cool to see all the creativity from the students! Some did group costumes, while others did individual costumes, and there was even a costume contest, although the winner was never announced. 

But, the costumes, or amount of fun you had at the dance didn’t depend on what it looked like or who planned it. It really all depended on who you hung out with and how much you danced!

[sno-poll id=”13169″ result_color=”undefined” tile_color=”undefined” align=”left” background=”on” background_color=”” border=”all” border_color=”” border_size=”” shadow=”on”]

I’d say the dance was a success. We made a large profit for other activities that we were planning. Also, everyone seemed to have a fun time

— Gia Grewal