Ms. Lausier’s English Class!!

Being an English teacher at RHS is not as easy as it sounds. Being a teacher, in general, is not what everyone thinks it is. There is a lot of responsibility with the job although Ms. Lausier does her best to make good relationships with each and every one of her students. She brings creativity, fun, and educational vibes into her lessons. She is a young teacher who graduated from Manteca Highschool, Delta College, and finally, Stanislaus State which helps her know what her students like/don’t like since the age difference isn’t much. Finance to her was a big factor when choosing a college, so she decided to stay local and just commute to school because it was cheaper for her at that time. 

“I apparently come from a family of teachers and educators, some of my aunts are teachers or staff members at a school,” said Lausier.

This isn’t Ms. Lausier’s first-year teacher here. She has been at RHS for three years and plans to keep going. This is the first school that she’s taught. She has been teaching Juniors and Freshman classes as well as teaching Creative Writing since last year (2020). Ms. Lausier decided to be an English teacher since she enjoys reading and writing, especially since she wants to make it an enjoyable subject for everyone, even those who don’t like it or aren’t good at it.

“I think I have a good connection with my students. I strive to be firm but fair, but above all else, I always have my students best interests in mind, especially when they are working hard to succeed, there’s also the running joke among my classes that I fit in with the student population because I just look really young,” said Lausier.