Mrs. Ross’ Rise to Fame

Mrs.Ross is one of the newest teachers at Ripon High and is already stealing the hearts of students. This could be because of her positive personality or her caring nature towards her students. It might be because of her familiar face, many students at Ripon High might have previously had the teacher when in elementary school. Either way, Mrs.Ross has easily become a favorite among the freshman and sophomore classes, teaching them English and English Honors in class.

“I started teaching when I was 23 years old…This is my 17th year,” said Ross. 

Mrs. Ross mentioned that as time went on in her teaching career she progressively taught older students. The whole reason she had come to Ripon to teach is to be close to her kids. She began teaching second grade, then sixth grade, seventh and eighth grade, and now she’s here at the high school! Mrs. Ross loves being here!

Mrs.Ross shared her experience of becoming a teacher and why. She recalled that a College professor inspired her to teach students herself. As she explored this career option more she realized she wanted to teach younger students.

“My favorite part about teaching is that I love seeing my students’ creativity. I love when I give them a project and I have no idea what they are gonna come up with… I am blown away sometimes by the things they do come up with,” said Ross.
Mrs. Ross gave a second favorite perk of teaching, having old students come back to visit. She enjoys seeing students growing up to be successful in life with families, a job, and possibly even being teachers themselves. Her job is to grow up the next generation of this world and that is what she strives to do. Possibly, even born to do so!

“I have so many teachers in my family, my mother was a teacher, my grandmother, and my great grandmother taught in a one room schoolhouse,” Said Ross.

With a long line of teachers in her family it is no surprise that she chose this career as well. Maybe her own kids will grow up to become teachers!

[sno-poll id=”13576″ result_color=”#0c29ad” tile_color=”#ffffff” align=”left” background=”on” background_color=”” border=”all” border_color=”#888888″ border_size=”1px” shadow=”on”]