All about Ms. Morales

Meet Ms. Morales, a new resident teacher at Ripon High! Ms. Morales grew up in Manteca, but is very well-traveled, and has even lived in Europe. Along with having been to many countries, Morales has gone to various concerts too. She was lucky enough to get concert tickets for Taylor Swift and has upcoming seats for Drake. 

When asked what’s the best of the handful of concerts she has been to, Morales said, “Taylor Swift was my favorite; it was a legendary concert. It was three hours long, and I’m going to go see the movie so that I can relive it again.”

Ms. Morales is a teacher-in-training in Mr. Mayfield’s classroom, and she is a great teacher. Mr. Mayfield also thinks that Ms. Morales is really capable.

“She’s been extremely personable with the students and the staff,” he says. “Definitely a teachable resident, meaning she welcomes feedback and is excited to improve and to learn.”

Not only is Morales a fun person, but she is also a fast learner. She did not take a human geography class in college, so she is learning how to teach the course by working with Mayfield. 

At first, Morales wanted to be a vet, but when she learned you have to put down animals, she decided against it. Instead, she gained inspiration to be a teacher from one of her former teachers, Jeffery Green.

“He was just one of those people that checked on me everyday,” Morales explains, “and even though I wasn’t the best student academically, he always pushed me to believe I could do anything I wanted to.”

Teachers can be one of the most inspirational people, and Ms. Morales is already influential to the people around her.