Lady Indians Beat Escalon

By Lyndsey Veltkamp

The girls varsity basketball  team beat Escalon at Escalon high on Tuesday the j17.The first basket of the game was made by zaire davis. During the first quarter the game was flowing well there was a 3 point shot made by Jill and followed by a lap up also by Jill.The first time out was called by Escalons coach to try and redo their play.With 12.6 seconds left on the clock some last minute shots were made making the score for the first quarter Ripon-10,Escalon-5.

By halftime the Indians had made some great shots and the score was Ripon-18,Escalon-9.The 3rd quarter started out good but Escalon was starting to catch up but the Indians were doing a good job on defense.During the 4th quarter there was a great steal by Jordy close to the basket she then did an awesome spin move to get the person guarding her off then made a great pass to zaire for a lay up.It was a sign of great teamwork for Ripon basketbal girls.

In the next few minutes left in the game Escalon started making a lot of 3 pointers and they started catching up but Ripon got fouled a lot on the shots so they got to shot some good free throws.By the end of the game the score was Ripon-36,Escalon-27. Great job lady Indians and great teamwork!