Girls Softball

Ripon High girl’s softball team have done it once again. On Friday, March 15 the girls went against Bear River for their playoffs. The final score was 4-2 with RHS taking the lead. ‘The final game was tough, but we played as a team and tried our hardest with leaving it all out on the field,” said Melissa Da Rosa. Two students, Kattya and Darian will be going to college with a scholarship from softball and are honored to be given such an award. Softball player Marissa Regalo explained that throughout the season the team developed as a team and played for each other not for themselves. Everyone on the team made magnificent plays and showed their coach what they were made of. The coach loved every second of it and was astonishingly proud.

Sophomore player Melissa “Missy” Da Rosa has a record for playing softball because of her two older sisters. Missy’s older sisters were on a T-ball team so her parents wanted Missy to play even though she was a bit younger. She has been playing sense she was just four and has loved it sense then. Missy says that she does believe in loosing a game because you have to earn the win and work hard for it. Her quote, “The will to win the desire to succeed, the urge to reach for your full potential… these are those keys that will unlock the door to personal experience-Confucius”.

Congratulations to the girl’s softball team.