Dedication to Education

Everyday, high school students are working hard to achieve good grades, finish their work, and meet the overall requirements for the benefit of their future. In the United States last year, the high school success rates were boosted up for a high passing rate of 83.2 percent. NBC broke down the evidence and asked themselves the question: What caused the graduating rate to reach a new high specifically this year?

In 2010-2011, California had an overall passing rate of 78 percent. In 2012, the overall graduation rates for students in all high schools was 79 percent. Ever since that point, the overall frequency has increased by at least 1 percent every year.

Year after year, schoolwork is continually getting more challenging and teacher’s expectations are rising. Homework is increasing and overall work is becoming more demanding. Students are working harder than ever to achieve the good grades needed for a stable future. Perhaps this is why the rates have increased for overachieving students.

On the other hand, schools are faced with the problem of students who are not willing to give their hard work and dedication to their education. Every year, an average of 1.2 million students drop out of high school because they do not have the effort to reach the school requirements. Although this is still a reoccurring issue, the dropout rate has decreased 3 percent since 1990.

An outstanding example of a student who is dedicated to his education is Louis Johnson. Johnson graduated from University of the Pacific with a BS in physics. He is now conducting research at the National Center for Astrophysics in Trieste, Italy. Johnson’s mentor said that he had never met someone who had so much desire to become a scientist. His dedication and overall perseverance shows what passion can do to a student’s schoolwork, leading him to a great future.
Many students across the United States are proving themselves as they work, study, and gain knowledge for a stable future. Teachers are pushing their students harder than ever to graduate, obtain steady jobs, and plan out their lives. The increasing passing rate will continue to grow year by year as students are encouraged to work hard now for the sake of their future.Image result for education