Mixing up Something New with Mr. Vega

The newest teacher, Mr. Vega is enjoying his new position as a Math and Chemistry teacher.

Just last week, there was a new addition to the Ripon High family. Mr. Vega is a new teacher for Chemistry and Math l. He is interested in sports and eager to get involved with the high school. Mr. Vega likes to get involved with his students and be more of a friend than a teacher.

Mr. Vega was unsure how he would fit into Ripon High, but he thinks he is doing well. He has been teaching for a long time and is prepared to teach.

“This will be my ninth year teaching, and so I feel like I am prepared. Sure, everyday there’s something new but I think I have the tools to help me with anything that comes up,” teacher Gabriel Vega said.

Mr. Vega is experienced and contains all the necessary components for being a successful teacher. The transition into the school went smoothly for him, especially with the welcoming environment at Ripon High.

I was a little nervous and panicked but I think the welcome from all the staff and students mad it a lot easier

— teacher Gabriel Vega

“I was a little nervous and panicked but I think the welcome from all the staff and students mad it a lot easier,“ Vega stated.

With the amazing people at Ripon High Vega was excited to come and can’t wait to get even more involved. He loves sports, especially soccer, and hopes to get involved with that in the future.

“I’m a big sports fan. I saw the football team and how everybody was behind them. I like soccer and basketball too so I kind of want to be apart of that I think,” Vega said.

Going into any new situation can be stressful and intimidating, but with the right people, it can work out well. It is nerve wracking at first, but once everything becomes normal, there isn’t much to worry about. Overall, Mr. Vega is a great teacher and is eager to be at the high school. Vega is only worried about the little things. “I hope I do fit in.”