Hiking to Club Rush with Hiking Club

Photo Credit: Hiking Club Instagram

Hiking Club is a place for people to enjoy the outdoors. It allows students at Ripon High to be active and make new friends. Senior, Andrew Copenhaver joined the club last year during Club Rush. The club officially started last year and is continuing to try and grow the hiking community. 

Copenhaver states you should join the club because, “we go on 3 to 4 hikes a semester.  We also join up with the environmental advocacy club and get to do a bunch of new hikes where you get to see so many beautiful sites.” 

When you join the hiking club, you get to do so many new things and go to so many new places. Copenhaver said how, “letting people experience the hikes that I’ve experienced and seeing them have the same amount of fun that I have had, really inspires me to continue this club. Just being able to share the feeling of accomplishment when the hike is over, really motivates me to do my best.” 

Hiking Club is a great place to go to make friends, be active, and have fun. They are always looking for new people to join their club at Club Rush and are excited for people to experience the hikes they do. The hiking club also allows students to detox and, “get to breathe in some fresh outdoor air instead of stuffy city air,” states Copenhaver. 

Even though hiking involves being active, it can be very relaxing too. Joining this club can allow you to meet people who have similar interests as you. So make sure to go check out their booth at Club Rush on Friday, Aug. 25!