Girls Volleyball Starting With a Strong Win

Charlotte Yuen

Ripon High Varsity volleyball played East Union with a sweeping win going 3-0 on Aug. 30. They won all sets with a lot of perseverance and confidence. They all work hard to push themselves to become better players and a better team. Senior, Kaya Whittaker, who is continuing volleyball for her 6th year, feels that everyone on the team did a good job pushing themselves to play their best.

Whittaker says, “As a setter I feel like it is my job to make people look good, and just give them the best set I can so they can kill the ball.” Throughout the game, there were a couple points when it was close and it really showed how great varsity plays under pressure. To have a successful volleyball team it takes time, effort, a positive mindset and practice, but most importantly having a good bond with your teammates. 

“You may be a group of amazing volleyball players individually, but if you can’t work together as a team you aren’t going to be able to win,” says Whittaker. Overall varsity played another outstanding game and worked hard for the outcome they got. Go cheer on our Lady Indians at their next game on Sep. 5th at Livingston High School!