Teeing Off to a Great Start

From @riponhighyearbook and @rhs.captured on Instagram

The girls golf team has teed off to an amazing start! The girls golf team had a successful season last year, and are coming back stronger than ever. Varsity coach, Eric Dambrosio, and Varsity Assistant coach, Wes Van Vuren, are ready to get the season underway.
The team works hard Monday through Thursday after school at the Jack Tone golf course. They work on many of their skills such as putting, chipping, and full swings. Recently, seniors Katie Martin, Aaliyah Martinez, Anna Fisher, juniors Kennedy Winter, Emily Keel, and Dylann Ballard played at Turlock against Hilmar on Sep. 12. The team’s collective score was 181 and Martin had the lowest score of 37.
“I think we’re doing pretty well. We’ve gone undefeated in our past four matches, so good start off to the season,” explains Martin.
She’s been on the golf team for four years now and this is her last year being on the team. She has an amazing goal to strive for before departing from the team.
“My goal […] is to shoot under one at Jack Tone. That’s my goal, but we’ll see if that happens by the end of the season.”
Let’s all wish the girls golf team a phenomenal season!