Meet RHS’ Cross Country Coaches!

Coach McPherson (Left) and Coach Taa (Right)

Cross Country is an extremely difficult sport that is based off of the athlete’s individual success. However, the athletes couldn’t reach their full potential without their coaches. The coaches at Ripon High for Cross country are Jill McPherson and Kinsey Pettigrew-Taa. They are both a part of the amazing staff at Ripon High, and have helped many students and athletes reach success.

Kinsey Taa has been on the Ripon High staff for four years, and she teaches physical education. Taa went to Hilmar high school and played golf, basketball, and soccer. Along with cross country, she also coaches track and field with the help of her fellow staff members. She is a great role model to her athletes and students. Taa explains, “The kids are my favorite part about coaching.” Taa enjoys helping her athletes seek out their true potential by helping them throughout the season.

Jill McPherson has been a part of the Ripon High staff for more than thirty years! McPherson went to Branham High School in San Jose, and used to run for her track team when she was younger. She started off running track and field until she joined cross country her sophomore year. McPherson helps her athletes through motivation and training. She sees the potential in her athletes whether they’re new or returning to the sport. Although coaching can be a difficult job, it can come with great rewards. McPherson says, “My favorite part about coaching is the athletes. You get time to get to know them and watch them grow over the four years of their high school career.” 

These two coaches make such a big difference for our cross country team. They lead our team to success, and help our athletes reach their full potential.