Ripon Girl’s Soccer Continuing their Winning Streak

Senior Katie Martin scoring a goal.

In Ripon High Girls soccer, losses are once in a blue moon. On Nov. 30, Ripon High did not have a blue moon, and the JV and Varsity girls won against Senora Wildcats! JV girls shutout Senora 6 to 0, and Varsity girls won 2-1. The Varsity girls game was an interesting game to watch, due to the similar level of competition. In the first part, Ripon had a strong half with 2 goals, and in the second half they were able to defend Senora.  

Alyson Harvey, a senior defender for RHS, has been playing soccer for 6+ years. When asked about the season so far, Harvey states, “The season has been going really well. I think our team has really high potential, and that if we all just get our positioning figured out, we’ll definitely go farther than what we’ve done in the past few years.”

Positioning could be a reason that Senora was able to slip a goal in the second half, or it could just be bad luck for Ripon. Either way, Ripon High had a great game, and is having a great season. Don’t forget to come and support the Ripon Soccer Girls tournament on Saturday December 9th to see Ripon versus Lodi!