Strike Three You’re Out of Here Merced!

With the weather clearing up, things are heating up with baseball. Our Varsity and Jv Indians went against the Merced Bears on Friday, March 5, with Varsity losing the first game 4-2, but then ran it back and beat them 6-1. On the other hand Jv had an outstanding first game with a score of 14-5.

Varsity unfortunately lost the first game against Merced, but with the second game around the corner, Varsity pulled through. Senior Dawson Downs stated, “[The] first game against Merced wasn’t great. I mean, it was a good game, but we weren’t hitting as well as the second game. The second game, we were ready to go and we were executing what we were supposed to.” 

Meanwhile, Jv has won both of the games, blowing out Merced the first game and then merely coming out with a slightly closer second game. All of the Jv players had a good game that day. Sophomore Landon Espinola says, “The first game I played really well. I had a triple and a single and a few RBIs but the second game I stuck out at the plate a little bit, but I had good contact.”

This week both Varsity and Jv will be going up against Riverbank High School. The first game will be away on Tuesday, March 26 and the second game will be held at Mistlin Park on Thursday, March 28. If you can please show your support to Ripon High and good luck to our teams this week!