Ripon High Girls Softball

Sliding into the Spring Sports Season

Ripon High Girls Softball is swinging into the 2024 season with a grand slam. The girls had their first game against Manteca High on February 23 with JV taking the win after a close battle, the final score being 8-7, which was contradictory to Varsity taking the evident win 5-0. 

Kharime Caratachea is a senior pitcher on the Ripon High varsity team who committed to SF State University for softball. 

When asking the star player what she thinks is the most crucial part of being successful in her sport, Caratachea stated, “Being selfless and playing for each other, putting in those extra hours and work while practicing is so important.”

Many of the girls from both the JV and Varsity teams are super excited for the start of this season and have so many goals they want to reach this year.

Junior, Alexandra Dubbs, stated, “I’m looking forward to playing with people who can play softball and get to know my new team. A personal goal I have is to get at least 200 strikeouts this season. I really hope to go undefeated again like we did last season but to get there the most important thing is believing we can because once we start doubting ourselves we can’t give 100% and end up failing because of that mindset.”

As of Apr. 9, RHS varsity is 7-4 and plans on continuing to improve throughout the season. Overall the RHS softball girls seem to have a good head on their shoulders which has allowed them to be prepared to battle for this season. So make sure to go support Ripon High softball during their future endeavors.