Ripon Hits Livingston outta the Park

Ripon High Varsity and Jv baseball teams demolished Livingston and won both games. Going into this week Ripon High’s baseball teams have braced themselves for each match up, but this one was different. Senior Brady Hunt stated, “We went into it kinda knowing that they weren’t the best team…” Both of Varsity’s games were won with an ending of 8-1 in the first game and the second being 11-1. 

Now it was an easy match up, but what was the game plan? Hunt stated, “Our plan was to put up as many runs as we could so we could get out of there pretty early.” Hunt pushes himself to improve everyday. “I’m trying to play [in] college so I do whatever I can do [to push] me harder.”

Besides Varsity cooking it up on the mound, Jv blew Livingston away the first game with a whopping 17-1 then sending Livingston back home with a loss of 11-1. Now the plan against Livingston’s Jv team? Sophomore Hunter Weber said that the game plan was “… to get our mechanics tuned, since Livingston isn’t a good team, we were just hoping to get a win in league and get our mechanics down.” Weber went one for one and got walked twice, as well as getting a triple the first game.

For now Ripon High’s baseball teams can relax after an easy matchup and next week they head over to Hughson to play their 12-3-1 team. Good luck to the Varsity and Jv teams!