Varsity Softball Dominates Against Livingston

Ripon High girls varsity softball dominated on Wednesday, April 10 against Livingston, hitting them out of the park 13-0. 

Junior Alana Hernandez, a varsity catcher with a perfect fielding percentage, is a player on the team who consistently tries to be a positive leader to others and improve. Before a game, she makes sure she stays calm and sets goals for herself to accomplish during every game. She is very impressed with how her team performed in their most recent game.

“I was very impressed with how my team was able to perform even with a big lead. They continued to play with respect and keep their composure,” stated Hernandez.

Their team all works very hard to encourage and uplift each other to do better. This is something that definitely leads them to their success in the long run. 

Hernandez says, “During the game, we all motivate and push each other to do better even when we make a mistake and that makes us want to keep trying and not give up which makes me proud of my team because I know they want to win. The chemistry on the team makes the wins so much better because we are all routing for each other to perform.”

Working well together as a team is what has led them to their 9-4 overall record and impressive fielding percentage and batting averages. So go check out RHS softball at their next game against their rivals, the Escalon Wildcats, on April 17, to hopefully see them continue to dominate.