Disco May Have Died, But it Still Won Winterfest

For Ripon High’s 2019 Winterfest, the Indians certainly had their days full of spirit. Between dress up days, window decorations, shopping cart decorations, rallies, and just overall spirit, it was a tough competition between the freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors, as well as a lot of hard work from our ASB leadership team.

The week started out with the window decorations fitting each class’s theme, which ended up with the Seniors at the front and the sophomores followed close behind by the Freshmen and lastly the juniors. Then, started the dress up days. For yellow or hip hop, the seniors were yet again, in first, and the sophomores in second. Although, this time, the Juniors claimed third, leaving Freshmen fourth on their own spirit day.

For punk rock or green, the juniors pulled out ahead with Seniors not too far behind, and the Sophomores and Freshmen following. The disco or orange spirit day and the country or blue day had identical results, but the total results by January 31st had the seniors still in first, juniors in second, the Sophomores in third, and the Freshmen in fourth.

For the red and white spirit day, the Juniors were still going strong with first place and the sophomores managed to pull ahead of the seniors but the Freshmen stayed in fourth place. That wasn’t the only spirit day, however, as there were points awarded at the rally.  

The shopping cart decorations results were fairly different from the spirit days, with Freshmen taking first, sophomores yet again in second, Juniors in third, and the Seniors in fourth. For the decorations and spirit at the rally, the Juniors once again claimed first place, Sophomores took second, seniors with third and Freshmen in fourth.

In the end, all the spirit points were added up with not so surprising results given the fight the winning class gave. Freshmen ended with third place, the Sophomores and Seniors tied for second, meaning the Juniors received first place for their awesome spirit throughout the week of Winterfest.