Musical Carts!

Sophomore class president, Niki Nguyen, explaining to the student body why the sophomore’s shopping cart is the best.

Ripon High’s 5th annual Winterfest was definitely one to remember. Some would say that the showcasing of the class shopping carts were the most memorable. Winterfest is known to be a smaller scale of Homecoming, so to finish off the fun and spirited week of winterfest, the class officers were given the opportunity of presenting their musical theme through their carts.The freshmen had hip hop, sophomores had rock, juniors had disco, and seniors had country.

Although the carts were a great representation of each of the classes musical theme, the process of making it isn’t as easy as it might seem.

“Making the cart is a little more complicated than one might think. We have to get permission from a store to borrow it, so everything we do to the cart has to be temporary so it won’t damage it,” junior class president Ana Perez said.

The rest was easy from there for the class officers. The sophomore class have been known to really go all out in events like Winterfest and it definitely showed through their cart.

“We create an idea and bring it to life. Events like these allow us to bring out our creativity. I’ve never not been proud of a cart or window my class has done,” sophomore class activities coordinator Kate Villegas said.

The junior class won overall in regards to the spirit contest, 87% of the juniors dressed up throughout the week, which motivated their class officers to make the best cart imaginable.

“I was super impressed with the spirit that was displayed this week with dressing up.

It was a great theme and I think the students responded really well and made it one of the most successful spirit weeks I’ve seen.

— Evan Johnson

It was such a fun week and I’m super proud of the work done by the junior class as a whole,” junior administrative assistant Evan Johnson said.