Senior Spotlight: Dallas Waters

Dallas Waters who enjoys snow skiing, boating, surfing, and paddle-boarding, will be graduating Ripon High school this May. In the past four years, Waters has worked hard to be involved in sports, clubs, and outside of school activities, all while taking honors and advanced placement classes throughout his school years.

Waters has been involved in basketball, cross country, track and field, CSF (California Scholarship Federation), Sacred heart, Renaissance, Link Crew, Leadership, Pride Tribe, Science Olympiad, and Student Senate. Waters has achieved the CSF Lifetime membership, Seal of Biliteracy, Legacy Leader, and the Golden State Seal.

Waters will be going on a two-year church service in Veracruz, Mexico and later will be attending BYU from where he will continue his education into the medical field. On August 6th, Waters will leave to go the Mexico City Missionary Training Center (MTC) where he will train to learn Spanish. After spending four to six weeks there he will report to Veracruz, Mexico and begin teaching the people about the gospel of Jesus Christ.

“I chose to serve a mission because I want people to have the same happiness that I have from being apart of my church, Waters stated, From teaching people, I hope to gain more confidence in my own beliefs and I hope to become more independent. My goals for my mission are to work my hardest and to put my personal life aside to serve my church.”

Waters’ biggest supporters have been his parents who have pushed him very hard to be academically successful and to be a good person.

“I appreciate all that they have done for me and I wouldn’t be where I am today if it weren’t for them,” Waters said.

Waters in ten years sees himself finishing up school, married, and having a kid or two. He also would like to be remembered as a genuine, outgoing, hard working person after he graduates high school.

Waters’ advice to other Ripon High students’ is, “

To stop caring about what other people think and start having fun.

— Dallas Waters