You Should NOT be Oblivious to Otto!

Otto Kellner begins to throw in his shot put event.

When over 900 total students go to the same school, it can be hard to get to know everybody. However, there are some students at the school that everybody should get to know! One of those students is Otto Kellner, sophomore at Ripon High.

“I would describe myself as passionate and intense when I care about something. I am sort of of cautious, making sure I know what I’m doing and playing everything more defensively,” Kellner said when asked to describe himself, “When I feel like I have to do something, I will get it done and am pretty responsible, I would say. I feel like I’m very logical in what I like to do, and in the stances I take. However, I also like to have fun and joke around a lot.”

Kellner has gotten very involved with things at Ripon High within the past two years of him being here. Whether it’s music, academics, or sports, he’s always doing something.

“I have gotten involved by joining the orchestra and the wrestling and track teams,” Kellner stated, “I’m decent at wrestling, but since I always wrestle varsity, I feel like it’s hard for me to tell. I’m pretty good at throwing too. My PR for shot put was 34’1” and discus was 99’4”.”

Kellner, just like anyone else, works very hard on his schoolwork. He currently takes a zero period class (Orchestra), two AP classes (AP Music Theory and AP World History), and three Honors classes (Honors Biology, Honors Math, and Honors English). Kellner also played in the San Joaquin County Honors Orchestra. Although his schedule can get very busy because of these classes and activities, he also finds time to do other things.

“I like to play video games and watch TV from time to time. Now that I have my license, driving is fun, too,” Kellner said.

Outside of these activities, Kellner has also been writing his own books. It’s something that he really enjoys doing. Not many people know that he writes books. Only about ten people at school, as well as his family, know about this hobby of his.

“Writing is actually a big deal for me. Right now, I’m writing a book,” he explained, “It’s sort of just for fun, but I think it’s coming along pretty well. It’s about 170 pages long right now, and I’m planning on minoring in English in college so I can get better at writing. I posted a little bit of it online, and I think about 80 people have read it all the way through there.”

Kellner does not get enough credit for all of the stuff he does. Writing books on top of Honors and AP classes, sports, and more takes a lot of time and effort.

I don’t really have advice for people when it comes to packed schedules. I just cut down on studying to an insane degree because I can. I basically never study.

— Otto Kellner

“I don’t really have advice for people when it comes to packed schedules. I just cut down on studying to an insane degree because I can. I basically never study,” Kellner stated.