Ripon Indians First League Win Against Modesto Christian

Photo’s credited to Yearbook

The Indians took all they could get from the preseason and poured that towards their first season opener. Ripon Indians win 47-16 bringing Ripon 1-0 in the league.  Throughout the game they scored each quarter of the game the second they got the chance. Indians played max which ended with them on top.

During the first half of the game the Indians were up 27-8 going into halftime and by the second half they had scored 20 more points. Offensively the Ripon Indians won through good ground attack in trenches. Xzavier Clark had rushed 17 times, ran for 194 yards and made 3 touchdowns, Xzavier Clark stated,”I think that it definitely helped like I said the line was doing good, and cause like they are constantly working together like there doing all these work group things… The Qbs and Running backs their always working even if it’s just handoffs…” Anden Ries rushed 8 times, ran for 41 yards as well as making 3 touchdowns but sadly he suffered a knee injury and students around campus hope for a speedy recovery.

Photo’s credited to Yearbook

The Ripon Indians threw up lots of points for this game that they won’t forget about, as well as their first league game of the year. This next week the Ripon High Schools Indians will face off against the Hilmar High Schools Yellowjackets. That game will be Ripon first League home game. This game was an amazing victory towards showing the rest of the league their true strength.

Photo’s credited to Yearbook