Hardworking HOCO Pays Off

Every year, families and friends gather for Ripon High’s Homecoming Parade to see the crowned King and Queen, our Grand Marshal, and stunning floats and everyone outdid themselves at this homecoming. On Friday Oct. 6th, Leadership’s hard work finally paid off as they rode their floats down Main Street and gave candy to the crowd. The parade was finished quickly, but a lot of time was put into making the event run smoothly. 

Senior, Jenna Skavdahl led her team in making the senior’s High School Musical float. She states, “I was worried about the floats being in the right order for the parade. It was intense getting all of them in the right spots before the parade started, but it all worked out.”

The junior class with a Liv and Maddie themed float had a few complications, too. Gia Grewal, junior, says, “A few days before the float parade, our float fell apart when we were driving it to put up all our props. So we had to find someone to put all our wood up for us and get new wood, but in the end it all worked out.”

During the making of the Lilo and Stitch float, the sophomores spent a lot of time perfecting their vehicle. 

Sophomore Emme Wilbur states, “We were originally supposed to have an arch, but we ran out of balloons.”

The freshman’s Minion float turned out excellently, but there were a few mishaps for them, too. Freshman Colt Isham says, “We had no lay out of what we wanted to do because it was our first year. But it came out really well and we got second place.”

Each class put in a lot of effort in order to make this homecoming parade the best Ripon’s ever had. 

Skavdahl says, “My favorite part of the parade was the amount of involvement we had. We had so many clubs, elementary schools, and floats involved. It was nice to see how many people came together to make it an exciting experience.”