Challenges of Adapting to a New School

Kids starting at brand new schools may have difficulties for multiple reasons such as being shy, having some sort of anxiety or just the basic fear of being judged by others. For some people making conversation is more difficult or even keeping a conversation can be a difficult task for them which causes adjusting to a new environment with new people very hard to do. Another huge reason adjusting to a new school may be very difficult for others is because of any sort of anxiety, especially social anxiety. This seems to have become more common in society nowadays ever since the pandemic since children from a young age were basically shut off from the world and had very little or no face to face conversations. With anxiety comes the fear of being judged or even bullied which does help explain why many people tend to keep to themselves in order to avoid such embarrassment. From personal experience it can be very difficult to adjust to a new environment since when I recently moved to Ripon High School I was very scared of how people were going to treat me or even speak to me. Overall, it is seen that moving to a new school and being surrounded by unfamiliar people is a scary experience and a very difficult one to do therefore if you ever see a new kid on campus, treat them with kindness always.