RHS Wrestlers get ready towards Sections

Wrestling is a sport that engages two people to strategically grab and pin their opponents to the mat. Wrestlers Shaylin Potter, Trinity Diaz, and Joaquin Rodriguez go onto Sections. Wrestlers will go out to the Stockton Arena between February 16th and 17th against all other high school wrestling teams. This tournament is a lot more impactful that past tournaments Junior, Trinity Diaz, says  “You can expect that there will be a lot of people, it’s a lot more stricter than most tournaments like if you don’t make weight then you can’t wrestle, if your not there on time the whole like their was one school that couldn’t come at all because they showed up late.” 

Junior ,Shaylin Potter,  states when emotions are high something that helps is “Listening to music and then getting pep talks from my parents and my coaches.” Some other ways that could under circumstances is to get a chance to look over the game plan and give it your all. 

While getting ready for upcoming matches players in any scenario are filled with emotions. Students have different ways of joining sports, they could see a poster set up on campus with a meeting in mind or even have teachers or fellow peers recommend various sports (Sophomore) Joaquin Rodriguez says that “I joined it (Wrestling) cause I thought it would be fun and personally I feel good because I basically beat someone up like respectfully and controlled.” 

With sections coming up for our Ripon High School wrestlers make sure to wish them the best of wishes and good luck to our Section finalists!