Varsity Basketball says their Goodbyes

Ripon High’s Boys Varsity basketball rivaled against Ripon Christian, ultimately concluding their season of league games before playoffs on Friday, Feb. 9, 2024. The boys executed a close game, but lost with a score of 42-54. 

It also happened to be Senior Night, which means that every senior on Varsity got to walk the runway with their loved ones and say their final goodbye to the sport. 

Landon Gillespie believes that the night would have been more emotional if it weren’t for them traveling to playoffs soon. 

Gillespie says, “We have playoffs coming up so it definitely has not become too heartbreaking quite yet.” Nevertheless, even with more games to come, it’s hard for the boys knowing that they are close to reaching the end. 

When reflecting on how their last league game could have gone better, Bradley Reedy describes how their flaws lied in not being able to properly carry out the game plan. Not to mention, both boys agree that Ripon Christian also just happens to be their toughest competitors. 

Reedy says, “What we should be doing is executing the coach’s plan because it’s there for a reason to get us through the game, but I don’t think we did that well enough.”

The beginning of playoffs will be Tuesday, Feb. 13 when they host Ben Holt Academy in round 1 of the D4 playoffs. Come and support!