Comp Cheer Dominates

From dazzling stunts to contagious chants, cheerleading is a sport that embodies teamwork, dedication, and pure enthusiasm. Here at Ripon High we have both sideline cheer and comp cheer.

Last Saturday was our girls’ last cheer competition. For this competition they traveled all the way to BakersField where they were up against nine other divisions. A usual competition for them involves stretches and warmups backstage, before they are asked to go on stage and perform a routine for about a minute and 30 seconds. 

Next, comes the award ceremony. During the ceremony they are judged based on their technique and difficulty. They are usually judged in different sections like jumps, tumbling, and stunting. 

Then from that point on, they receive their scores, and whichever team receives the highest scores will place first, second, or third. 

These girls have had such an amazing year, all working so hard as a team to get to where they are now. At the award ceremony they were told that they placed first as well as level champions, meaning they were given the highest scores compared to the other levels. 

One girl in particular has had a phenomenal impact on our cheer team, dedicating all four years of highschool to cheer. 

Senior, Ava Keast would like to leave a piece of advice to our upcoming cheerleaders, “Give it your all and have a good attitude, cheering is about uplifting and bonding with your teammates, so always make sure you’re positive and a role model to others.”

So let’s all express our admiration towards our cheerleaders. They have had such a good season, both on the sideline and during competition cheer. Remember to cheer on these incredible athletes as they continue to inspire and uplift with their spirit, talent, and unwavering dedication to our school!