Last Walk Down the Runway

This past weekend Ripon High School had their annual Sobergrad fashion show. The head event coordinator is our Spanish teacher here on campus, Sylvia Ochoa. Danielle Cunningham and Ashley Peters are the other board members who helped put on this event. This event is planned months and its purpose is to raise money for the big Sober Grad event on the day of the senior’s graduation.

The fashion show doors opened at 6 p.m. and VIP doors were opened at 5 pm. Seats were maxed out with families, friends, & students who showed out for this event. Junior ambassadors were also working through the whole event getting their hours so next year they can participate in this event! The show consisted of 3 acts with 2 intermissions in between. There were about 10 duos in each act that came out and performed their choreographed dance. The dances were about 1 minute and 30 seconds long and the songs were mashups of multiple rap, pop, and country songs. During intermission, cookies and drinks were provided and seniors came out to mingle with their family and friends. 

“I had so much fun at the fashion show. I got to do it with my best friend Allie which made it so much fun to do. I had fun joking around taking pictures backstage and getting to watch all the cute dances. This made me so much more excited for all the other senior events like Sober Grad Night,” senior Katie Rhodes says.

The final Sober Grad event is put on the night the seniors graduate, filled with fun and memories with their last night on the RHS campus. A year of hard work and raising money fund all into this memorable night for the graduating class of 2024. Sobergrad also has events throughout the year for all grade levels at RHS. These events consist of the movie nights that were held and the volleyball tournament, where the Sober Grad team also raised money for the final event.

“We want to create a special night that will be a core memory for our graduating class,” says Sober Grad board member Ashley Peters.

The outcome of this year’s fashion show was fantastic, as they exceeded their goal to raise $11,000+! 

“It was super fun to spend time with my friends and other people in our class. The fashion show is definitely a core memory from senior year,” says senior Ava Brocchini.

All of RHS is incredibly grateful to the Sober Grad board members and everybody involved in putting on the events. The memories given to the seniors from the Sober Grad events are unforgettable and we will continue to shed light and give thanks to the Sober Grad members.