Nguyen Never Stops

High schoolers deal with loads of homework, tests, and activities. It is hard to manage all of it sometimes, especially for Sophomore Niki Nguyen.

Niki Nguyen is the sophomore class president, member of the leadership class. As president, she has many responsibilities, such as class t-shirts, winter formal, homecoming, winter fest, and coin wars. Nguyen is also a part of the committees in leadership, which means she has to help organize certain events like talent show, and the Kyoto student visit. Not only does Nguyen have many responsibilities in leadership, she also has demanding classes like AP world history, and honors math, english, and biology courses.

“Because I represent the sophomore class, I have to be on my a-game at all times, because I can’t let people down, and if I do then it’s a lot of trouble and hassle trying to get out of it,” Stated Sophomore Niki Nguyen.

Niki Nguyen’s strenuous classes cause her to have added pressure and stress to her everyday life. AP world history has notes everyday, tests every other week, and difficult writing assignments. Honors English also adds extra work every night.

Not only does Nguyen take those demanding classes, her parents expect A pluses in all of them.

“My parents expect a lot from me, they expect all A’s if not A pluses. If I slip up it’s like i’m disappointing them, because they worked really hard to come here from Vietnam,” Nguyen said.

Niki Nguyen has to approach her stressful life in a strategic way. When she gets home, she will take an hour long mental break, and get right to homework. Like a typical teen, Nguyen procrastinates, but when she knows she has a long trail of work ahead of her, Nguyen will work all night.

Although Nguyen has a lot of responsibilities, Nguyen claims that those activities have helped keep her busy, and even though it is stressful at time, the activities have helped decrease the procrastination. When she is stressed to the point of a breakdown, Nguyen reminds herself to relax.

“Two words: Just breath,” Nguyen stated.