Top 11 Excuses Students Give Teachers

Almost all High School students have done this at least once in their high school career: lie. As human beings, we all have been born to lie. It’s been hardwired into our brains. High school students have many expectations from adults: school, sports, good grade, etc. Sometimes they don’t have time to do everything they need to finish before the deadline, so they decided to tell a little white lie. Below are the top 10 excuses students at Ripon High School have given teachers.

Disclaimer: This article’s sole purpose is entertain the readers. Please refrain from using these excuses for class.

1. “I left it at home.”

This is a common excuse that most High schoolers give to teachers. It is not the most effective in persuading teachers to give you more time, but it has been used by many students.

1.  “I can’t find it.”

This excuse is, again, given by many high school students and is usually not accepted by teachers.

1. “Google docs glitched and deleted it.”

This is a fairly decent excuse to use, but remember some teachers have heard this before. But, this is sometimes true, google docs does sometimes glitch.

4. “I was absent.”

This is a very poor excuse, especially since the teachers can look at your grade chart and see that you were here. So, might not be the best excuse to use. Not that your supposed to use it…

1. “I gave it to the sub.”

This excuse is actually quite effective sometimes, depending on the teacher. But, obviously, this can only be done when the teacher wasn’t here the previous day.

6.“I use my medical problems as an excuses.”

Using medical problems as an excuse can work (and has worked for this person). Especially if the medical terms are true. But, there is the slight problem that, the teacher may email your parents. Also, medical problems are not something to be taken lightly, so please don’t take this lightly.

1. “The Wifi wasn’t working, so I couldn’t turn it in.”

This is a good excuse, except one problem. If you live in Ripon, then most likely if you don’t have wifi then other people don’t too. Vise versa. So be sure to take that into consideration… when your NOT planning on using it as an excuse.

1. “I didn’t do it, because I wanted to be older, therefore wiser.”

This excuse make a lot of sense. I mean we’ve all heard the phrase, “another year older, another year wiser.” Let’s just hope the teachers are feeling in a good mood.

1. “I didn’t do it, because I didn’t want to add to your huge workload.”

This excuse is quite a selfless excuse. Though I cannot confirm that it will work, I’m sure the teacher will appreciate your concern.

1. “I got my backpack stolen, so I can’t turn it in.”

This excuse is actually quite effective, you just have to make sure that everything plays out in your favor.

Bonus:

1. “Me and my friend were working on our homework in the library and he/she accidently took my binder.”

Now, this excuse is in my opinion the best in the list. And in order to make sure it works out, you could always ask for a friends help.