Perez, Making History.

Fidel Perez is a CP/AP World History and U.S. History teacher at Ripon High School. Through teaching at Ripon High, Perez has left a mark on so many students and their high school experiences. Perez likes to keep his students engaged in his lessons.

“Class can be boring so you have to have some kind of personality to get the kids more engaged in what you’re trying to teach them. Cracking a joke here and there and just being funny makes the day go faster and helps keeps the kids awake,” Perez said.

Perez attended a high school in Los Angeles long before moving to Ripon and joining the tribe.

“You don’t have the big headaches you would have working in bigger districts or larger cities, having a smaller town and community gives you more of a welcoming feeling. I love the kids and it makes me look forward to going to work each day, it’s also fun to work with all my awesome coworkers,” Perez said.

Perez also has two daughters that attend Ripon High; senior, Sofia Perez and junior, Ana Perez.

“I like having my daughters here, thankfully they don’t think it’s weird that I’m a teacher at the school they go to, and I get to keep an eye on them. Sofia and Ana love going to school at Ripon High and are always on top of things when it comes to their school work,” Perez said.

Aside from teaching, Perez is also in charge of Sacred Heart Club.

“Our main focus in Sacred Heart is charity. This year, our main goal is to build a house for a poor family in either Africa or the Philippines. We raise money by collecting recycling, selling lollipops, also known as “green delicious goodness”, and several other small fundraisers. Our club is all about giving back, we also do projects such as making blankets for the homeless,” Perez said.

Each year, Perez gives the same advice to his students.

“My biggest advice is that you have to be a free thinker. You can’t let people tell you what to think. You have to see both sides to every argument and make a decision for yourself.

You can’t let people tell you what to think. You have to see both sides to every argument and make a decision for yourself.

— Fidel Perez

Mr. Perez posing for a photo taken by his daughter, Sofia Perez.

See the world through your own two eyes and as I always tell my students, don’t be sheep, be a leader,” Perez said.